USAID Award Announcement
Demographic and Health Surveys
The Bureau for Global Health is pleased to announce the award of the MEASURE Phase III Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) project to Macro International and a team of five partners. The five subcontract partners on the project are:
- Johns Hopkins BSPH/Center for Communication Programs
- CAMRIS International (a new partner that is minority- and veteran-owned, and will provide staffing support)
- The Futures Institute (a new partner that brings expertise in data analysis, evaluation and modeling) and
- Blue Raster, LLC (a new partner that brings expertise in IT and GIS).
MEASURE Phase III DHS project is a $142.5 million five-year cost plus award fee contract. The project’s overall objective is to improve collection, analysis and presentation of data and promote better use in planning, policymaking, managing, monitoring and evaluating population, health and nutrition programs. To accomplished this objective, the project will (i) improve the design and implementation of the information gathering process, tools and methods; (ii) increase user-demand for quality information; (iii) increase host-country technical and managerial capacity for data collection, analysis and use; (iv) collaborate with relevant stakeholders and partners; (v) increase access to data, analysis and tools; and (vi) facilitate the use of health information. In this phase of the project, we anticipate that increased emphasis will be placed on sustainability through capacity building and increased host-country ownership.
MEASURE Phase III DHS is a Global Health (GH) Bureau-wide project. Thus, it will provide technical assistance for survey data collection, analysis and use in the health elements encompassed by the three technical offices of GH. The project will continue the tradition of providing high quality nationally representative and cross-nationally comparable survey data for monitoring health programs and will seek to do so in a cost-effective way. In addition to core funds, this project is able to receive field support funds and MAARDS.
Contact Information for MEASURE Phase III DHS
The CTO is Jacob Adetunji (GH/PRH/PEC; 202-712-4095; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Technical Advisors are:
· Rachel Lucas (GH/PRH/PEC; 202-712-4688, email@example.com)
· Lisa Maniscalco (GH/HIDN/HS; 202-712-1018, firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Noah Bartlett, (GH/OHA/SPER; 202-712-1699, email@example.com)
The Project Director is Ann Way; Ann.A.Way@macrointernational.com
· Fred Arnold (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Annie Cross (email@example.com)
Contractor Headquarters: Macro International, 11785 Beltsville Drive, Suite 300, Calverton MD 20705, USA. Tel: 301-572-0200.