Malaria in Nigeria
Read more about PMI's activities in the Nigeria Country Profile [PDF, 259KB].
Malaria Operational Plans
|With the support of PMI and other partners, Nigeria is implementing a massive nationwide ITN distribution campaign. To reach the goal of two nets per household, more than 60 million long-lasting mosquito nets will be distributed by 2011.
Source: Marcy Erskine, IFRC
The Malaria Operational Plan (MOP) below is a detailed one-year implementation plan for PMI in Nigeria. It briefly reviews the current status of malaria control and prevention policies and interventions, identifies challenges and unmet needs, and describes planned activities under PMI. Each MOP has been endorsed by the Global Malaria Coordinator and reflects collaborative discussions with national malaria control programs and partners in country.
- FY 2014 Nigeria MOP [PDF, 1.0MB]
- FY 2013 Nigeria MOP [PDF, 946KB]
- Revised Funding Table [PDF, 216 KB]
- FY 2012 Nigeria MOP [PDF, 735KB]
- Revised Funding Table [PDF, 93KB]
- FY 2011 Nigeria MOP [PDF, 263KB]
Voices from the Field
- When Bosses Text – May 2013
- Continuous Distribution of Mosquito Nets through Schools in Nigeria – April 2013